pods moving and storage
Pods or Portable on Demand Service is one of the newest concepts which have made a world of difference in the field of
moving and storage. Being relatively new not many people are aware of its convenience, cost and the method of working. Here is a list of FAQs regarding pods which will ease your appetite for more knowledge about the topic of pods moving and storage:
1. How does the system of pods work? A pod is a moving and storage container which can be brought to your home or office on demand. You can have a maximum of 30 days to load your goods for storage and moving into the container which is placed at ground level, to make loading more convenient for customers. After loading, you have to give a call to the pods company, who will come and use hydraulic lifts to lift the container and move it. Depending on your need, the pods container can be stored at the company’s storage center or transported to any city of your destination.
2. What are the reasons for choosing a pod? People choose
pods moving and storage for a variety of reasons including intending to keep their homes free of clutter; during moves; home remodeling; office storage; before home sales and more.
3. What items can be stored in pods? Starting from domestic goods like furniture, appliances, upholstery, and kitchen ware to official documents, computer and other equipment can be stored in pods.
4. What types of companies are using pods? Construction companies, hotels, retailers, legal and accounting offices, restaurants, etc are already getting the benefits of pods storage for storing all additional inventory or seasonal merchandise.
5. What are pods containers made of? The pods containers are built on a steel frame with marine grade plywood interior and aluminum exterior. A specially constructed translucent top made from polymer allows daylight within the container. The surfaces are weather resistant and provides water proof environment. The door is made from light steel which can be rolled up. The design is made to withstand wind speed of 110 mph.
6. How safe are pods containers? All pods storage centers are equipped with modern security devices.
7. What are the different sizes in which pods are available? Usually each 8x7x7 container may accommodate 1 room; 8x8x12 container may accommodate 2-3 rooms; and each 8x8x16 container may accommodate 3-4 rooms. A pods company would usually guide the customer regarding the exact size of pod needed for storing goods of his apartment. Any long distance move requires a 8x8x16 container
8. Can pods be ordered in small numbers at a time? Yes, if the space in front of your home or office is not adequate to accommodate more than one pod at a time, staggered drop and pick up of pods can be arranged after prior scheduling.